This time I want to tell you a little about my experience How to Add or Replace RAM on a Laptop. Because a few days ago I just change or rather increase the RAM capacity of my laptop. Ya just want to get the services and facilities that are faster than my laptop. OK just without further ado, check it out.
RAM ( Random Access Memory ) is a type of computer storage whose contents can be accessed in a fixed time not considering the location of the data in memory. RAM is usually used for primary storage ( main memory ) in the computer to use and modify the information actively, although some tools use some type of RAM to provide long-term secondary storage ( Wikipedia ). Increase the amount of RAM to make your computer more powerful computing power. Computers can run complex programs and working with large files.
Before you want to replace or add to the amount of RAM memory that already exist. There are a few things to my friend noticed, including the following :
1. About the maximum memory that can be used or read. It means that the maximum number of PC / laptop you can read Memory RAM. If a maximum of 8 GB of read only, so if you install any RAM 16 GB read / unused yes only 8 GB.
2. Processor supports the type of memory on a laptop. The second point is the mean of the maximum speed of the RAM is DDR1 specified, DDR2, or DDR3. Well kept how we know how much RAM speed ? That's what we should know first. In a market that has been circulated in RAM, we will encounter different types of DDR3 RAM is PC8500, PC10600, PC12800, PC15000. Here's a list of specifications RAM :
Easy, buy a different brand new RAM is okay but with the same type. The new automatic RAM also has the same speed.
3. And support channel on our processor. For this issue, you can read the laptop RAM Single Channel, Dual Channel, or Triple Channel. If it's only one, only you can replace larger.
There is often a question of " if we can add RAM with different capacities in both slots, ie slots 1 installed 1 Gb and 2 Gb installed slot 2. ? " The answer is very able, as long as the new RAM / being added has type, series and bandwidth is the same as the old RAM. As mentioned earlier. Why ? Because my laptop is also different size of the RAM.
Well, if the above conditions are you understand and can you make out, then the next step is to start replacing or adding RAM. Course in accordance with the maximum limit of the memory that can be embedded. Useless it pairs great - great but unused memory ( Memory Usage ) only partially.
Immediately, the following steps:
1. Unplug all electricity is still flowing to the laptop including laptop batteries loose...
2. Open the cover on the bottom of the laptop RAM rather beside the battery. (every laptop has a different place).
3. If it is open, it will show no innate laptop RAM 1 chip installed in the slot.
4. Next live pairs of RAM to be added or replaced.
5. Once installed, please close the RAM as before. And turn on the laptops stay as usual, due to the addition or replacement of RAM does not need any installation. See the results :
6. RAM 1 GB which was originally only been increased to 3 GB.